First & foremost, please forgive the highly clichéd unoriginal title for this blog post: it’s late, I’m tired, what can I say?!
Bet I got the song in your head though…
So it’s a mere 4 days until my plane takes off from Heathrow! How am I feeling I hear you ask – Excited? Nervous? Well the answer is an anti-climatic…
“I’m not sure.”
Here’s hoping the emotions will kick in once I start packing my bags! Until then here are a few of my favourite travelling tips I’ve come across over the past few weeks:
- If you’re not sure if you need it, you don’t.
- If you’re pretty sure you need it, you don’t.
- If you’re absolutely certain you need it, you probably still don’t.
- Your airline’s baggage allowance is a limit, not a challenge. (Still deciding whether I believe this!)
- Jokes about security are hilarious. Spending time in jail is less so.
- Getting drunk on the plane is fun. Being hung over on the plane is horrific. Your call.
AT YOUR DESTINATION
- Being polite goes a very long way.
- A smile goes even further.
- Meet the locals. If you’d wanted to hang out with people just like yourself, it would have been much cheaper just to stay home and go to Tesco.
- Don’t be afraid to screw up. It’s okay. We learn a lot more from our failures than we do our successes.
- Things will be different to how they are at home. That’s kinda the point.
- Talking of home, if your UK friends haven’t seen an updated Facebook status from you in the last hour, it’s okay.
- There will be times when it’s all too hard. Tough it out. You won’t remember the bad times in a couple of months, but…
The good times will stay with you forever.
Please note that these tips were found at: http://whatsdavedoing.com/50-handy-hints-for-the-first-time-traveller/
^^^^ That is what studying a copyright & law module does to you! ^^^^